Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Chapter 17 Section 2 Critical Thinking #5

Imagine you are a woman during the Progressive Era. Explain how you might recruit other women to support the following causes: improving education, housing reform, food and drug laws, the right to vote. Think About:
• the problems that each movement was trying to remedy
• how women benefited from each cause


If I was a women during the progressive Era in order to recruit other women for the causes of improving education, housing reform, food and drug laws, and the right to vote I would do as follows. I would state the problems that each of these causes was trying to remedy. I would talk about how education was not equal for men and women, women were not allowed in some colleges such as Colombia, Brown, and Harvard. I would say that if women were to help make education equal for both men and women then women would be able to have the same education, leading to more opportunities in the work force. I would also talk about how we could improve the conditions at a persons house, and how it would make it easier to work at home. Another thing I would talk about is the food and drug reformations and how they would try to reform the food and drugs, making safer for women and people in general. One last thing I would talk about is the right to vote, and how because even though women are citizens just like men they do not have the same rights as to when it comes to voting. I would say that if they were to help in the cause of women’s suffrage then they would someday have the right to vote.

No comments: